As a business owner or executive, or as a non-profit executive, you are the engine that runs our economy. The U.S. Department of Labor and U.S. Department of Commerce have indicated that privately-owned businesses:
- Represent 99.7 percent of all employer firms.
- Employ about half of all private sector employees.
- Pay 43% of total U.S. private payroll.
- Accounted for 65% (or 9.8 million) of the 15 million net new jobs created from 1993 to 2009.
Source: SBA Office of Advocacy Frequently Asked Questions (www.sba.gov/advo) January 2011
We understand privately-owned businesses and non-profits because we work with them every day. It is the primary focus of our professional practice and we have a long track record of helping our clients become more successful, make more money and keep more of what they make.
As you know, rules and regulations regarding income taxes, payroll taxes, sales and use taxes, franchise taxes and financial reporting are all much more complicated today than they were just a few short years ago. It is unreasonable for most businesses and non-profits to maintain “in-house” employees with the level of expertise required to navigate through these difficult topics. Furthermore, there can be instances where a firm needs outside assistance with a specific project or event such as:
- Structuring mergers and acquisitions
- Succession planning
- Tax planning for high net-worth individuals
- Due diligence involving potential acquisitions
- Accounting systems selection and implementation
- Investigations of potential fraudulent activity and forensic accounting
- Profitability analysis, projections and cash flow management
- Consulting related to business startups, application of accounting principles and fundraising
The professionals at Glass & Company have been there before. Our shareholders can help you make some sense out of these issues and show you in more detail how we can help. Whether you are a current audit or tax client, or if you are just looking for advice or a new perspective in addressing a complicated issue, we would be happy to meet with you and give you our ideas on how to move your company or organization forward.